Monday 11 June 2012

Blogspiration (12): Friends




Blogspiration is a Brand Spankin' New weekly meme hosted by both GrowingUp YA and Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers and writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation and just a little SOMETHING.

Check out these gal's awesomeness:
http://saz101.blogspot.com.au/
http://growingupya.blogspot.com/

If they aren't the coolest things ever I don't know what is. If they aren't people who don't inspire you to be better/aim higher, then they are not true friends. Friends come in all shapes and forms. They can be online friends (like you wonderful people reading this!), they can be people you've know forever, or they can be people you've only just met.

Sometimes your friends will be with you a lifetime. Other times they're there just long enough to teach you something important. Either way, you'll always have the memories that get you through the night :)

This blogspiration was prompted by my super awesome 'Team Brilliant' uni family. Since uni finished I've been hanging out with them a lot and it's crazy how well we all fit together. We all have quirky weirdness about us but somehow that makes it better, as opposed to creepy. They're a totally cool bunch of people.

But as well as being cool, they're pushing me to be my best. I'm being more sociable, I'm writing more. I want to get back into my drumming (which I'm sure I must suck at by now!), and learn French. They're awesome, and I want to be as awesome as them.

Kind of random blogspiration but meh. I just hope you guys get what I mean.

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, Heather, random or not, this could not be more perfect, or at a more perfect time for me. THANK YOU! And this is SOOOO true, and so beautifully written *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! Heather, I love this post, I love the sound of your friends - yay for quirky weirdness that works!
    I know different friends I've had have brought out different things in me, and have taught me a lot not only about friendship and what matters in life but about myself and who I want to be. :-)
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not random at all, it's beautiful <3 <3 And I need to leard French, too :P Love France and love the french language!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooo!! This Blogspiration is perfect! I am with Sarah on this one. It comes at such a perfect time!

    Friends SHOULD inspire you to fulfill your potential and they should push you to do incredible, amazing things!! Keep 'em close, Heather!! They sound like really great people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so I'm totally not stalking you, but I keep thinking about this post, and online friends. Something that I've loved about the book blogging community is that it's a community where it's OK - or, slightly more accurately - EXPECTED that you get wildly excited about books and fictional persons, and it's OK to be a little bit weird, and it's OK to ramble on about what's going on in your head. My IRL friends are not readers, and I'd never really had anyone to talk to about books until I started blogging. (I used to talk to my Mum. In painful detail. About books she'd never read. But hey, that's what mothers are for!) I don't know where I'm going with this comment anymore. I guess I'm just adding my own, "Yay for friends wherever they may be!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you guys do know what I mean!

    *hugs*

    And Alessandra, I know what you mean about being able to let out your inner nerd! It's so exciting that I can talk books with you guys! My fiancé isn't into reading AT ALL so he's totally not into my long rants about how swoon-worthy this guy is, or how awesome this plot was! You guys understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post(: I love being able to get so exciting about books with my fellow bloggers and not have them look at me like I'm crazy lol Friends really are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv ur blog **New Follower**

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for commenting! It means more than you know :)