Monday 13 February 2012

Blogspiration (1): Brought to you by the Brothers Grimm

 
Blogspiration is a Brand Spankin' New weekly meme hosted by both GrowingUp YA and Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers and writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation and just a little SOMETHING.
 
Check out these gal's awesomeness:
http://saz101.blogspot.com.au/
http://http//growingupya.blogspot.com/2012/02/blogspiration-5-on-rumi.html
 
 
Let me first off start by saying I friggen love this idea. So much. I wish I'd had it myself but I didn't so aw well, I'll just join in with these two lovely ladies.
 
My little note of inspiration is brought to you by the brothers Grimm. As they are a favourite, and as I have taken to rereading a fairytale a night, I thought I'd share a quote with you that stuck true to me. It's the last line from Hansel and Gretel.
 
"My tale is done, see the mouse run, whoever catches it, may make himself a big fur cap out of it."
 
Now what in the heckers does that mean, right? I mean, these guys were apparently crazy but this line sounds like something Adrian Ivashkov might spout. Just trust me when I say this quote inspires me. Why? Because these wonderfully wonderful brothers knew that rewards only come with a whole lot of effort. And it's that message they're trying to convey. Hansel and Gretel had to fight their way back to their family and when they got there, they were richer than ever. Now the Grimm-y boys weren't saying hard work would make you rich. But they were saying it would be worth it. So next time you're about to *headdesk*, give up, or yank out your hair extensions, remember the brothers Grimm weren't bald.
 
And they wrote 201 fairytales that are still read today. Clearly these guys were on to something.   

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love it. I didn't get it at first but once you explained it, it's actually very inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing and stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Jennifer! I love that this thing brings so many people together :)

      And I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your post!

      Delete

THANK YOU for commenting! It means more than you know :)