Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Hunger Games' Premiere

What's that? Two posts in one day? Never!

Yep, I've got my blogging (procrastinating) pants on today friends and after looking through pics from the premiere, I am so excited I had to start my Hunger Games week now. And with one week until the Games - why not?

So this is my quick recap of the fashions at the premiere, and my two cents on Miley Cyrus.

Let’s start with the boys, shall we? Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutchinson, otherwise known as Peeta and Gale.



I lol’d a little when I saw EXACTLY how much shorter than lil' Hems Joshie was. You have to admit it’s funny. Poor Josh, Liam is just one great, big hulk of a guy. We make them good in Australia. Maybe we’re the real District 12 because even though he has his critics, there’s no one I’d rather play gorgeous Gale. Let’s just hope his acting backs it up.

Moving on to the tributes; Leven Rambin, Isabelle Fuhrman, Jacqueline Emerson and Alexander Ludwig. Glimmer, Clove, Foxface and Cato.



I think Isabelle, Jacqueline and Alexander all looked awesome. Not like anyone I should be afraid of, that’s for sure! As for Leven; that’s way too much on show, honey. Lionsgate worked hard for their PG rating.

Elizabeth Banks rocked her Effie look.



This orange number is so totally something you’d see in the Capitol. I loved that Elizabeth went there and looked so damn cute whilst doing so!

Now let’s talk a little about Miley, shall we?



Now, I’ve been a fan of hers for years but one look at this picture and my love for her plummeted. All I wanted to scream at my screen was PUT THOSE PUPPIES AWAY! For goodness sake, what’s with all the tits on this red carpet?
My thoughts on Miley’s outfit were twofold. One, she is dressed far to casually to be attending the red carpet event for her boyfs movie so she must either not think much of it or be after the attention herself. Which brings me onto my second point: you’re there as SUPPORT! This is not your movie! I still love her but this was DEFINITELY not the right choice.Wear something nice and a touch more conservative. Thanks.
(Although I'll admit, I did love that she said she was wearing her 'Liam shoes').

Which is why I nearly died when Jennifer Lawrence showed up in this. (That’s Katniss, like you didn’t know).



She looks so MOTHERCUSSIN EFFIN gorgeous! I love that she took on the gold! She looks so unbelievably stunning she put everyone else at the premiere to shame! SHE is the star of the movie and my God was she the star at the premiere! JLaw rocked this shiz!

So just one more of her and the boys:



And now, I’m going to leave you with a pic of the only person I haven’t mentioned. The image speaks for itself and all I can say is NOW YOU’VE SEEN IT I WON’T BE THE ONLY ONE SOBBING MY HEART OUT IN THE CINEMA!



RUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Stunning post and premiere glammer.

    I'm posting something similar as well but without all of your funny commentating. You're one funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks :) How strange that I across as funny when I'm not in real life, AT ALL.

    And as soon as I saw that pic of Rue I had to get it out of my system! How dare Amandla Steinberg look to dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the post, I absolutely cannot wait for this movie! I agree with you, Jennifer Lawrence certainly stole the premiere, love the gold dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Just like Danielle says in her blog she looks like a giant Oscar. Fingers crossed it's a good omen :P

      Delete
  4. Sign. I adore The Hunger Games but I've never liked the casting and looking at these pictures makes me even more certain. Doesn't make me any less excited about the movie though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lan, that sucks. I didn't like any of them when the casting started either. Liam has grown on me. Jennifer actually looks like she will do awesome. Josh... Not so much.

      But I'm so dang excited, and we're stuck with them, so I seriously hope they exceed (my very low) expectations.

      Delete

THANK YOU for commenting! It means more than you know :)