Friday, 23 March 2012

Lucky 7 and the VB award

So because these two have been making the rounds quite a bit, I've decided to combine them into the one post. Lack of time may be an issue as well but I'm sure those two uni assignments will writes themselves. Eventually.

So, to start off, the other day I was given the Versatile Blogger award by the wonderful LoopyLoo! AND AGAIN by Marisa. Check out these girlies blogs if you like all things fun and interesting!

So here are the rules (of course):

1. Thank and link the blogger who awarded you 
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself
3. Spread the love by passing the award to five other bloggers, and be sure to let them know

Seven Random Facts:

This is hard because there is a fair bit of randomness going on up in here. But I'll try to narrow it down.

1. I never finish my entire drink. Doesn't matter what it is, how yum and/or expensive it is, I can never finish that last mouthful. I've tried. It didn't go well.

2. I have a lot of different personalities. I'm a clean-freak oddball at work and the ultimate extrovert. At home, I'm lazy and introverted and GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM! Around my close friends, I'm pretty relaxed and consist mostly on coffee. And on my blog, I can let all the pent-up psychosis run free.

3. I buy books based on their covers. A LOT of the time. I've read less than 40% of the books on my bookshelf because the other 60% I buy with no intention to ever read. EVER.

4. Sarcasm is my default mode. When it comes to any situation that has the potential to be emotional, or too DEEP for my liking, I revert back into the sarcastic swamp monkey and scare those mothers away. Then, I hide in a book.

5. I seriously think someone should consider making a procrastination award with my face on it.

6. I'm surprisingly unafraid of death. But the things I really fear - as in, freeze my chest, forget to breath, fear - are; failure, never getting a book published, drowning, zombies, and not being happy with my life. Now do you see why death is way down on my list?

7. I don't believe in soul mates but I do believe in two personalities complementing each other perfectly. And I'm pretty sure I've the one that brings me alive.

The five people I've chosen to nominate are:

Next for the Lucky 7 meme.  I was tagged by LoopyLoo.

The RULES (again):

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS (Or a fave book)
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they're written.
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know.

From my current WIP. Between Jenna and her sister Vivien. Just so it makes a little sense, Jenna is pretty OCD when it comes to her room and paranoid about a lot of things. I was surprised when I realised my seven lines were mostly dialog but you get that.

“No!” I launched myself across the room and slammed the bolt back into place.

“What the hell? It reeks in here.”

“I don’t care.”

“What is that?”


“Bleach? Are you crazy? Just open the window.” 

I leant against it. “No.”

She stared at me, eyes wide, for a whole five seconds. “Whatever. But next time you want to get high, I hear metho works better.”

She snatched my ribbon off the desk, tied it around her bun and left.

Only then did it occur to me I may have overreacted. *

*I may have cheated and included an extra line. But the dialogue is short so I figure this was allowed :P

Now, my seven people you pass this on to are as follows:


  1. Hey Heather!
    Thanks so much for giving me the Versatile Blogger award!!!
    AND tagging me for the Lucky 7 meme (it's my first ever time being tagged!) I definitely feel lucky! :)

  2. No worries Catherine - you deserve it!
    And it was my first time being tagged as well. Kind of fun though :)


THANK YOU for commenting! It means more than you know :)