Sunday 25 March 2012

Blogspiration (5): Music for the Soul

So this week's blogspiration isn't something I've given much thought too. I only just remembered today that I wanted to post something before I get back to all the heck load I have next week.

Sunday night; a time to remember why I put so much stress on myself. So much pressure. A good night to look back on the week and be happy with where I am compared to last week. A night to have a chill by myself and rejuvenate before it all begins again. A night to wonder about where I will be next week. A night to hope.

Then I realised that it's these little moments I have alone. No partner. No family. No characters beating on my brain. Sometimes you just need some downtime. Sometimes you need time to yourself to remember who you are and why you're that way. It leaves me feeling refreshed and relaxed. Even though I'm starting a new store tomorrow, and even though I have two uni assignments due next week; even though Jenna's rewrites still aren't finished and event though I'm STILL not published... it's okay. It'll happen. Everything doesn't have to be a rush. I don't need to be stressed ALL THE TIME to stay busy.

I have a CD (yes, A CD!) on and my creativity is flowing. My brain has relaxed and planted seeds of ideas for more books, a way to do my assignments, and even more plot points for Jenna. I may use some of them. I probably won't. But so long as I have Sunday nights like this, it's all good.

Just for the record, music is a massive part of this. I can't play an instrument and I definitely can't sing; but there's nothing better than finding an artist or album that has music to get you feeling a certain way.

My most recent inspiration, and the one I'm playing right now is:



What about you? Is there a time you dedicate just to down time? A person? A CD? A movie?

What is it that gets you thinking about all the difficult things you have to work out and just gets you through the working week?


14 comments:

  1. Hmm. I have been listening to this one song over and over again because it relaxes me and gives me a break from all the crap I have to deal with every day. Lights by Ellie Goulding. Listening to her is my break from life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard that one yet!! I'll have to download.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, Heather, much thought or not, I ADORED this post. You know, those moments are necessary. I haven't had a moment of down or chill time since 2AM on Friday/Saturday and I'm starting to go a little manic. You need those quiet of moments of stillness and chill and peace and solitude... and music's a big part of that for me, too!
    I can't get through a day without music.
    GREAT post, m'dear! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need some downtime! However will you keep coming up with these HP blogspirations?

      Delete
  3. I am having my most difficult exam at the university on the 17th of April. I failed twice already. The teacher is like God. I am so scared and I am so stressing over it. Apparently not stressing enough to start studying.. and that's kind of the point. I am so stress out and I don't have any energy to study. I don't feel like it. Every day since 2 weeks ago I keep repeating to myself - tomorrow morning I start. And then I wake up at 2PM and do nothing. Well, I blog, I read, but still I don't study. I need to start. Seriously start. :/ So yeah, I totally get what you mean about stressing out. I feel you ;) And to get the stress away, I usually go out with friends :) It's fun and relaxing :) (But I won't mention the stress next day when I wake up and remember ALL the things I've done the previous night, nop I won't :P ) Great blogspiration Heather!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling WAY too well! I find it helps when I surprise myself with study. I'll be planning to write or whatever and then my books end up in front of me and I'm reading them without even thinking about it. If I plan a time it just doesn't happen.

      Delete
  4. I don't get moments where it is just me and silence, however I do enjoy laying on the lounge with my husband watching a show or movie. Even though we don't talk during, I still feel closest to him in those moments. Being like that relaxes me and helps my brain to shut off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor you Bec! You just need to kick John out with the kids and relax. I realize that's a foreign concept to you lol

      Delete
  5. Secretly, I sometimes appreciate those times when my husband has to take a business trip. Shhh. You didn't hear it from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Heather!! You are SO NOT ALONE!! I feel like we all go through moments when we just have to sit back, decompress and remind ourselves to take each thing as it comes.

    I know the feeling of wanting to fast forward through time just to get something over with or finally see the results of something else! But, I've also learned that the journey is just as important. You don't want to rush to get everything done only to realize that you missed out on some really great things along the way.

    Have you ever read the book The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho?? If you haven't, stop whatever you're doing and go pick it up! I think you'll absolutely love it. It's a very special book and I have a feeling you're going to relate.

    So yeah, thank you for sharing that! Uh...and pardon me for going on a tangent there :/ *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!! Don't be sorry. I've actually picked up that book a couple of times but I still haven't read it.

    And there's so many times I wish I could fast forward times. I just want to be published so bad some days. I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GO READ IT!!!! I did the same thing! It was on my book shelf for YEARS before I finally picked it up. Totally worth it when you do :)

      Then again, that book is magic. You'll pick it up exactly when you need to.

      Delete
  8. I always feel the urge to rush through life. Sometimes music is needed to relieve the stress. Just this morning I listened to dancing throughout life from wicked and I felt extremely happy!
    Music is perfect because it makes me happy when I'm alone and when I'm with other people!last week I started a presentation for school with Stand by me by ben e king. It's an amazing song.
    Wonderful blogspuration Heather!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for commenting! It means more than you know :)